Unhandled exception

May 25, 2011 at 7:22 PM

Hey Jeff,

Cool project! I am getting an unhandled exception error when I start up my computer. You mentioned looking at log files. How to I do that?

Kennon

Coordinator
Aug 17, 2011 at 4:00 PM

Hey Kennon- very sorry that it has taken me so long to get back to you on this issue.

I've seen this bug crop up on a couple of systems now and I'm still not 100% sure what the cause is.  The only system I can make it consistently occur on is one that is terribly slow and likely hasn't established a connection to the Internet by the time the LaunchLater app checks to see if there is a new version available.  I'm not sure that that is the issue though, so I'll have to do more testing and get a new version released.  This is a very annoying bug though since most systems that I run LL on are not experiencing this issue- just my work desktop and one of my laptops sporadically.

The logs that I am interested in are the Windows logs and can be browsed in the Event Viewer.  Any error messages with stack traces in the Applications log could be very useful, although so far they haven't led me to the specific error.  I suspect this is due to the multi-threaded nature of the application.

Coordinator
Aug 31, 2011 at 2:07 AM

Hello again Kennon- I believe I have tracked down the error you were experiencing and patched the bug.  Version 2.2 of LaunchLater is now available to download and will address this issue.  Please let me know if you encounter any more issues!