This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

General Discussion

Jun 28, 2010 at 4:15 AM

This discussion is open to all to vent, ask questions, etc.

Aug 14, 2010 at 5:56 AM
Can we get the dependency on Expression blend removed and/or add the dlls needed for those of us without blend? After getting the latest copy, I can no longer build :( The LLManager is missing Microsoft.Expression.Effects, Interaction and System.Windows.Interactivity. I think we could make a references folder and then just drop these DLLs for people like me to use :)
Aug 15, 2010 at 10:02 PM

I'm getting InvalidOperationException in MainWindow.xaml.cs line 156.  Might want to change .First() to .FirstOrDefault() and handle accordingly.

Apr 8, 2011 at 5:00 PM

This happends when i try to launch the program in windows 7 64bit

Tried on two different computers.

But it stops working at once.

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    CLR20r3
  Problem Signature 01:    launchlatermanager.exe
  Problem Signature 02:    2.0.202.152
  Problem Signature 03:    4d7d39cc
  Problem Signature 04:    mscorlib
  Problem Signature 05:    4.0.0.0
  Problem Signature 06:    4ba1da6f
  Problem Signature 07:    e05
  Problem Signature 08:    96
  Problem Signature 09:    System.FormatException
  OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID:    1044
  Additional Information 1:    0a9e
  Additional Information 2:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3:    0a9e
  Additional Information 4:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Apr 8, 2011 at 5:29 PM
Edited Apr 8, 2011 at 5:31 PM

Interesting- I haven't seen this bug occur when starting the LaunchLater Configuration Manager, but I have seen a case recently with the LaunchPad app (which actually starts the apps at Windows login) that is similar.  Can you provide me with any more information?  

For instance- is UAC enabled, and if so at what level?  

Are you in fact using LaunchLater 2.0 or a previous version?  

Are your Windows and .Net 4.0 installations up to date?  

Do you see any error messages in the Event Log Viewer (under Windows Logs \ Application) that correlate to this error?

Was this installation of LaunchLater an upgrade from a previous version?

Thanks for taking the time to bring this to my attention!  

Apr 8, 2011 at 6:19 PM

Hey ty for the answer =)

The UAC is turned of.

Yes its a new installation of LL 2.0

and my Net is uptodate.

And there are two events in the eventlogg.
I always forget that :p

here are the errors that occurs when i launch the program.

EVENT 1026

Application: LaunchLaterManager.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.FormatException
Stack:
   at System.Number.ParseDouble(System.String, System.Globalization.NumberStyles, System.Globalization.NumberFormatInfo)
   at System.Double.Parse(System.String)
   at LaunchLaterManager.MainWindow.checkForUpdates()
   at LaunchLaterManager.MainWindow.<checkForUpdatesAsynchronously>b__7()
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
   at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(System.Object)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(System.Object)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode, CleanupCode, System.Object)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
   at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.InvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
   at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Run()
   at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)
   at System.Windows.Application.Run(System.Windows.Window)
   at System.Windows.Application.Run()
   at LaunchLaterManager.App.Main()

and the 2nd one:

EVENT 1000

Faulting application name: LaunchLaterManager.exe, version: 2.0.202.152, time stamp: 0x4d7d39cc
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.17514, time stamp: 0x4ce7bafa
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x0000b727
Faulting process id: 0xc30
Faulting application start time: 0x01cbf610b17acb42
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\LaunchLater\LaunchLater\LaunchLaterManager.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: f0a9ecc4-6203-11e0-b1c7-00238b84d6c1

:)

Apr 8, 2011 at 6:51 PM

This is great info- I'm going to try to narrow this down and release version 2.1 to patch it in the next week or so, maybe even in the next day or so depending on how busy my weekend is.  Would you be open to running a custom build just to address your bug prior to my release of a version 2.1?

Apr 9, 2011 at 3:31 PM
Edited Apr 9, 2011 at 3:38 PM

Sure I'll be happy to assist you in some testing :)

I also tested that this happens at boot to.

So for me atm Its no use ;)

Apr 9, 2011 at 5:04 PM

So strange- I have the current version running on 4 computers right now and have not been able to reproduce this.  That said, the line of code that your stacktrace pointed me to is something that technically isn't safe- I'm actually not sure why I coded it that way, so I have changed it implementing the much safer method.  I'll have a custom build for you shortly.

Apr 9, 2011 at 5:16 PM

Okay BlackDrake!  I have uploaded an alpha build of LaunchLater 2.1 to address this issue.  You should be able to go to the Downloads section of the CodePlex page here and see it listed on the right-hand side of the screen.  It is not currently starred as the recommended download so you'll have to explicitly click on it to download the new installer.  The installer will overwrite your current LaunchLater 2.0 installation so you need not worry about uninstalling it.  When you have some time, please try it out and let me know how it goes!  Thanks again for bringing this to my attention and helping test, and for being patient through the testing process!

Apr 9, 2011 at 8:14 PM

Thankyou.

Well it seems to work atm.

Didn't fail. I will test it for some days now and see if I get any trouble with it.
But so far so good. :)

Apr 9, 2011 at 8:54 PM

The main reason I needed this program, is to launch XMBC a bit later on my Media center.

Cos if I put the xbmc shortcut in "startup" folder, I do get XBMC on startup but Windows is starting some other small application.

So the results I get is XBMC but the Start Menu is showing at the bottom. and that's just annoying :p cos i have to use a mouse to remove it. and i prefer to use my android phone to control XBMC.

Just installed it on my Media Center now. And now its works perfectly. Sat a 10 sec delay on XBMC and now i don't need to click to remove the windows start bar :D

Apr 10, 2011 at 10:36 PM

Glad that this solved your issue!  I've made the 2.1 alpha release the recommended download now for all.  I'm still not sure why you were experiencing this issue, but I can't help but wonder how many others saw it as well and simply stopped trying to use my software.  Thanks to you taking the type to report on this matter, the bug is now squashed for everyone.  

Also, thanks for letting me know how you're using the software!  You're the first person I've spoken to who has used LaunchLater on a media center box, and with XBMC, so I'm thrilled to hear that it is improving your experience!

Apr 11, 2011 at 8:03 AM

Well since I got the same problem on both my Mediacenter and Laptop (both win 7 64) I  assume several people have experienced this issue.

Well like I said its mainly because Windows is annoying and are starting programs after it launches the Startup folder.
Atm I don't need it anywhere else, but now I know its here so who knows =)

It have worked fine now several days, and its easy to use. So will recommend it to people who need to start something up later.
I do have some scripts on some servers that is running with schedule tasks. Maybe I will implement LL into the daily use there :)

Thanks again for the fast replies and fikses =)
I wasn't expecting an answer. :p So thankyou for responding =)

// Ronny Olsen

Dec 15, 2015 at 4:38 PM
jeffcox111 wrote:
This discussion is open to all to vent, ask questions, etc.
LaunchLater 2.4 crashes in Windows 10 when you try to import statup programs. If you can't import startup programs it makes it pretty worthless.